Your furnace is an important part of your home. Not only does it help keep you warm during the winter, but it also helps to keep the air in your home clean and healthy. That’s why it’s important to clean your furnace regularly. Here are some of the benefits of a clean furnace.
1. Better efficiency and performance. A dirty furnace can reduce its overall efficiency and performance, leading to higher energy bills or even emergency service calls if the furnace breaks down due to a lack of maintenance. Keeping your furnace clean and well-tuned helps ensure that it operates as efficiently as possible and provides you with reliable heat during the winter.
2. Improved air quality. The dirt and dust in your furnace can also make their way into the air, leaving you coughing or sneezing as it collects in your lungs and respiratory system. Cleaning your furnace keeps this dust from building up and compromising the air quality inside your home.
3. Increased lifespan for your furnace. When you are reading about the benefits of a clean furnace, you should know that furnaces are expensive, so it’s important to care for them properly to get the most value and longevity out of your heating system. A dirty furnace with a lot of built-up dust and gunk can damage its components, leading to costly repairs or replacements when the furnace finally gives out. Taking good care of your furnace prolongs its life and saves you money in the long run!
4. Fewer emergency service calls. Regular maintenance is necessary if your furnace lasts as long as possible without requiring repairs or a full replacement. Still, other benefits come from keeping up with regular cleaning sessions too! When your furnace is dirty, it can also be more prone to breaking down or malfunctioning unexpectedly. Keeping your furnace clean keeps running smoothly and preventing unexpected service calls that take time and money!
5. Fewer health problems. The air quality in your home can have a huge impact on the health of you and your family members. Choosing to care for your furnace regularly helps ensure that the air inside of your home remains as clean and healthy as possible, which can lower the risk of developing allergies or asthma-related breathing issues later on.
6. Lower energy bills year-round. Regular maintenance means less wear and tear over time, which translates into lower costs overall! This is because your furnace requires less energy to run when it is clean and properly tuned than when it is dirty and in need of repair. By keeping up with regular cleaning sessions for your furnace, you can save money on furniture repairs and utility bills!
How to Clean a Furnace?
A dirty furnace filter can cause many problems, including decreased efficiency and increased energy bills. Let us explain some easy steps on how to clean a furnace filter in easy steps!
1. Turn off your furnace, so you don’t accidentally burn yourself.
2. Position a step ladder next to your furnace, then remove the filter from the housing unit. Be careful not to damage the filter or drop it on the floor – this will make cleaning more difficult!
3. Inspect your filter for large debris, such as pet hair or dust bunnies. If you find large particles, use a vacuum to remove them before continuing.
4. Soak your filter in warm water mixed with a mild detergent and let it soak for at least 15 minutes (you can also use vinegar if you prefer).
5. After soaking the filter, rinse it thoroughly and allow it to air dry. Once your filter is dry, simply return it to your furnace and turn your unit back on!
By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your furnace operates as efficiently as possible this winter.
A clean furnace not only helps improve its overall efficiency and performance but also improves the air quality inside your home and helps keep important components safe from damage. For these reasons, it’s important to care for your HVAC & furnace regularly to get the most value out of this valuable heating system! So don’t delay – clean your furnace filter today!