What Is A Two-Stage Furnace and Why You Need it for Your Barrie Home
The furnace is a key component of your heating system. The two-stage furnace is an efficient option gaining popularity among Canadian homeowners. Upgrading to a system with a variable-speed furnace allows you to reap significant benefits in savings and comfort.
But what makes it a special home heating system and why should every Barrie homeowners consider it?
Single-Stage Furnace vs. Two-Stage Furnace
In the past, a single-stage furnace was a homeowner’s only option, and it was limited in how it could function. It got the job done, by pushing heated air into the home, but it did so with a fixed, one-speed option: high – and that high speed consumed the most amount of energy possible.
Two-stage furnaces or variable units operate in two heat settings: low and high. These levels of heat outputs allow users to adjust the speed at which a furnace operates and are designed to continuously provide a steady flow of heated air, operating at lower speeds. On mild days, the two-stage furnace runs gently maintaining a consistent heat at a desired temperature. When it gets icy, they automatically switch to high gear.
Benefits of a Two-Stage Heating System
Variable units stand out as a practical solution as they offer not just warmth, but more benefits for you, your family, and your home.
- Enhance comfort for all: Two-stage furnaces offer consistent heat in every corner of your home. When installed properly, you can ensure that no family member will shiver in the cold. No more cold spots and uneven heating, just cozy warm rooms for all.
- Better energy efficiency: When the system can address weather demands by responding with precise amounts of heat, you get better efficiency from the unit. Instead of operating at full speed, regardless of how mild the weather might be, a variable-speed unit will cycle on at lower speeds, and only ramp up if the climate demands it to.
- Greater energy cost savings: Better long-term savings always result from a more efficient piece of equipment, so when the two-stage furnace uses less electricity and operates at a lower capacity each winter day, you benefit from lower energy bills. Saving money while staying toasty? That’s a win-win situation.
- Less noise: Cycling on at a low speed means a quieter furnace because the fan operates slowly. Familiar with that loud whoosh of air that single-stage furnaces produce? You’ll never hear that loud noise with a variable-speed unit.
- Improved indoor air quality: Variable-speed technology not only enhances efficiency but also improves overall comfort and indoor air quality. That’s because the system will move air throughout your living spaces more often when it operates continuously. As a result, air moves through your air filtration system often, too, catching more dust and pollutants. You can have the peace of mind that your family is breathing healthy air.
Furnace Installation in Barrie: Hire Professional HVAC Technicians
Now that you understand the benefits of a two-stage furnace, it’s time to look for professionals who can help you upgrade or install a two-stage furnace.
A professional HVAC contractor or technician’s help is invaluable. Proper furnace installation maximizes the efficiency of your home heating system and ensures its longevity and reliability.
Remember that you also need to consider factors such as insulation, ductwork, and ventilation–and this is where a reliable HVAC technician comes in. They can recommend the right-sized furnace for your home. Hire a professional team who can properly install your furnace so you can ensure that it operates at its peak efficiency.
Whether you want to upgrade to a variable-speed furnace, install a single-stage furnace, or a two-stage gas furnace altogether, the best furnace installer in Barrie can help. Custom Comfort ClimateCare is a family-owned HVAC company that has offered HVAC installation and maintenance services in Barrie and Simcoe County for over 30 years.
Investing in a two-stage furnace is not just about heating your home. It’s a decision that has numerous benefits that impact your comfort, your pocket, and even the air you breathe. It’s a win-win for everyone. The harsh Canadian winter is coming, make the smart choice for your Barrie home.
Opt for a two-stage furnace –your ticket to a warmer home and contribution to a greener planet. Stay warm, save energy, and enjoy the cozy ambiance of your home, all winter long.
For expert help and professional furnace installation in Barrie, contact the HVAC experts at Custom Comfort ClimateCare today.