- Ductless Heating
- Electric Storage Heating
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling
- Heat Pumps
- Heating Repair
- Hydronic Heating
- Zone Control System
Indoor Air Quality
- Maintenance Program
Duct Sealing Services in the Barrie Region
The ductwork in your home has a big job to do, which is one of the reasons why it was made to be durable. However, being durable doesn’t mean your air ducts won’t ever suffer problems or become faulty. Over time, damage, shifting, and corrosion can negatively affect your ductwork, causing holes, cracks, and disconnections to develop. These kinds of breaks in your ductwork can create significant air loss for which your HVAC system has to compensate—but not when you hire us for professional duct sealing. We aren’t talking about putting some duct tape on your ductwork and calling it day (note: you should never use duct tape on your ductwork); we are talking about truly sealing your faulty ductwork for the long-term. If you are seeing the signs that your ductwork has become faulty, give us a call and let us get your air ducts back on track.
Custom Comfort ClimateCare provides professional duct sealing service in Barrie and the surrounding areas. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment.
What Happens During a Professional Duct Sealing Appointment?
You may be wondering what the professionals do during a duct sealing service vs. making duct sealing a DIY job. Here is a general overview of what to expect when a Custom Comfort ClimateCare expert performs duct sealing on your home:
- Thorough inspection of your ductwork:
- Your technician will conduct a thorough inspection of your ductwork system to assess the problems. This ensures that all the problem areas in your ductwork will be detected and repaired as needed.
- Professional sealing process:
- Once your technician is aware of all the problem areas, he or she will use mastic and professional–grade tape to seal cracks, holes, and loose connections. Mastic is a fibrous adhesive that hardens into a seal, and during a professional duct sealing appointment, it applied with a caulking gun onto all problem areas. Once the mastic has been applied, a piece of foil or fiberglass tape is placed over the mastic. The mastic will cure, in which time it will become a hard seal. For broken connections, the two ends are brushed with mastic, then reconnected and stabilised using metal binding that is secured with sheet metal nails. The mastic hardens, reinforcing the re–sealed connection.
This process is used for all the problematic areas of your ductwork, allowing your air duct system to regain efficiency and function the way it is supposed to.
Why Can’t I Just Use Duct Tape?
It can seem confusing that a product with the word "duct" in it can’t be used to seal your ductwork, but the simple truth is, it can’t. This is because the glue from the duct tape breaks down rather quickly, typically within 3 months’ time, so the seal won’t stick. The bottom line? Always hire a professional for duct sealing.
We Provide Expert Duct Sealing Service in Barrie
Having a professional seal your faulty ductwork means improving indoor air quality, significantly reducing air loss, and taking the stress off your HVAC system to compensate for serious air loss. If you are seeing the signs of faulty ductwork—poor indoor air quality, excessive dust and dirt blowing into your home, pollution and the presence of odours—give us a call today and let us schedule you an appointment for professional duct sealing with one of our indoor air quality experts.